Sunday, August 12, 2012

39 Weeks: Nesting and Home Stretch

Nesting (kind of):  The baby's room....well, we thought we were done with it, but my version of nesting had other plans..... Something about it, just wasn't right so I decided to change a few things.  Remember when I said I've been wanting Kyle to paint the walls gray...... well folks, he did it!  YAY!  So now the walls are gray, new sheets and bed skirt, and a couple other little tweaks.  I tried to change the mobile (gray and white elephants instead of the colored ones) but Kyle put his foot down there.  It all started with the hanging letters on the wall.  When they arrived, the color of the ribbon wasn't quite what I was expecting and didn't match the rest of the blues in the room.  Most people said they didn't notice, but it was driving me nutz!  They still aren't quite right but look better against the new walls and I'll live with it for now.  I still may decide to re-do the ribbon but will save that for a later day.  And like my mother said.....the room will look perfect once he's bundled up in it!  (she's always right!) Here's the before and after.

{before}
{after}
Home Stretch: The last few days have actually been a bit miserable.  I almost made it with no major issues but Wednesday morning my back decided it had had enough and gave out on me.  I barely leaned over the kitchen sink to turn the water on for Peyton and BAM!!  I about fell to the floor but managed to stumble 3 steps over to a chair.  Peyton was so sweet and concerned asking, "are you OK mommy?"  I told her my back hurt and she went straight to the freezer and got the ice pack out!  How she knew to do that, I have no idea but how adorable!  Three visits to the chiropractor and no sleep but hey.... tomorrow is the big day!!



How far along? 39 weeks - belly measured 37 cm
Baby is the size of: a mini watermelon (yum, that sounds good) and we'll know just how big soon!
Latest developments: basically just fattening up!  Doc says she's pretty sure he's head down
Gender: Boy 
Total weight gain: up 27 lbs
Sleep: Not great!  Added back pain doesn't help
Food cravings: cereal and chocolate dipped ice cream cones from McDonald's
Happy or Moody most of the time: pretty neutral
Looking forward to: Tomorrow! 


Logan Paul Dirks will be making his grand entrance tomorrow morning!  The last nine months have flown by and gone so slow all at the same time.  We, especially me, are beyond ready for him to get here!  Peyton talks about her baby brother (even though she calls him baby sister, haha) a lot and asks questions like, "can Logan come out soon?" and "can Logan come to our house and see my big girl bed?"  It's hilarious!  I have a feeling she might be wanting Logan to go back in after she realizes she's not the center of the universe anymore!   We shall see!

After tomorrow we will no longer be t|k and peyton mae, to be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment