Saturday, August 25, 2012

He's here!! -- Logan Paul Dirks

We are overjoyed to announce that Logan Paul Dirks has arrived on August 13, 2012 as scheduled!  We are now a family of four and couldn't be happier!  He was instant love for us all including Peyton!  Big sister Peyton couldn't wait to meet him and all she wanted to do was hold him from the very beginning.  She is so sweet with him and calls him baby Logan and gives LOTS of hugs and kisses!

Birth Stats:
August 13, 2012
8:17 am
7 lbs, 6 oz
20 1/2 inches long
{Peyton was 6 lbs, 7 oz and 19 3/4 inches long}

Day of delivery:  We were scheduled for a repeat c-section at 8 am and as you can you see it didn't take long.  We arrived at the hospital at 6 am to register, do paper work and start the IV's etc....  We got in the operating room right at 8 and 17 minutes later, he was here!  His cry sounded so different than Peyton's and the first thing the doctor said was he's a good size!  So, of course I'm thinking... Oh my, how big is he??  Kyle brought him over to see me for a minute before they took him to the nursery and of course the tears started rolling!  They did put him on oxygen for about an hour just to help him out a bit.  He was breathing on his own but just working a little hard at it.  The good news for me was that I did not have an allergic reaction to anything in my IV this time!!  With Peyton I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic and got fire engine red and itchy.  I was still exhausted after it all and I was numb for quite a while!  Overall, this time around has been much easier!  I feel better, the pain was better and I was up and moving around much much faster!  I also didn't get the chronic back pain I had with Peyton so another plus for me!  Peyton was a little concerned about me laying in the bed with all the tubes and wires hooked up to me.  She wouldn't sit on the bed with me until day 2 or 3 and still wouldn't get too close.  It got better once they took my IV etc. out and she wants to see my "ouie" a lot.

Meet our little man...I think he looks a lot like Peyton when she was born.






{love at first sight}

{headed home!}
{all four of us at home}



Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment